Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Music Review - Beyonce

Hey guys!!!

I pray that your weekend was awesome, I know mine was!!!

Over this holiday weekend I was able to complete an interview and get the honest opinion of someone's view of Beyonce's new CD "4".  This was a Question and Answer interview.  This reviewer did not purchase the deluxe CD and does not consider themselves a die hard Beyonce fan.  Some of you may not agree with this review, some may - please remember this is just one persons opinion, enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Me:  How would you rate this CD on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest)


Answer:  8

Me:  Why would you rate the CD an 8 

Answer:  I like the CD but its not perfect; I don’t like every single song; and the songs seem to be short in length.

Me:  What are your favorite songs on this CD?

Answer: Party and Countdown

Me:  Does the CD have more ballads or up-temo songs?

Answer:  more ballads

Me:  Because this CD contains more ballads did it sway your rating?

Answer:  It probably does because I’m not in that mindset right now so I’d rather hear more uptempo songs.  You can tell by the nature of her songs that she is in love.

Me:  Do you have a favorite Beyonce CD?

Answer:  Yes, Dangerously In Love

Me:  Some say that this CD appears rushed or not mainstream what is your opinion?

Answer:  I don't agree with that; I feel that the last CD could appear “rushed” but not this one


The reviewer and I listened to each song and the reviewer gave their assessment.  The assessment of each song was rated on star levels ranging from 1 to 5; and explanation of what the reviewer liked/disliked about each song:

Song:  1+1
Star Rating:  (1)
What do you like about the song:  I don't like anything about the song
What do you dislike about the song:  I don't like anything about the song, I'm unable to relate to the song.

Song:  I Care
Star Rating:  (4.5)
What do you like about the song:  The beat is awesome and the song is identifiable, I believe everyone has felt this way before.
What do you dislike about the song:  Actually I don't dislike anything about this song.

Song:  I Miss You
Star Rating:  (5)
What do you like about this song:  Its a nice ballad that allows her to show off her vocals.
What do you dislike about the song:  The song is too short in length

Song:  Best Thing I Never I Had
Star Rating:  (4)
What do you like about the song:  I like the harmonies and concept of this song.
What do you dislike about the song:  The song is identifiable but it didn’t emotionally move me

Song:  Party
Star Rating:  (5.5) ~ sometimes people don't follow directions (lol)
What do you like about the song:  I like the lyrics, beat, song is fun but not too fast (mid tempo);  and I like the collab with Kanye
What do you dislike about the song:  I really don’t understand the title of the song

Song:  Rather Die Young
Star Rating:  (4)
What do you like about the song:  I love her ballads she is able to vocally stretch which makes the listener excited about hearing her; in this song she is intense lyrically which would be perceived positively by some and negatively by others. 
What do you dislike about the song:  The title of the song and some of the lyrics could be a negative influence but the concept is understandable

Song: Start Over
Star Rating:  (5)
What do you like about the song:  I like the frustration and desire in her voice she has to start over; identifiable song; when it comes on I sing the song like I wrote it
What do you dislike about this song:  There is not one thing that I dislike about this song

Song:  Love on Top
Star Rating:  (4.5)
What do you like about the song:  The song is fun
What do you dislike about the song:  I really like the song the major dislike is the fact that I can’t hit all the notes <--------- seriously (LOL)

Song:  Countdown
Star Rating:  (5)
What do you like about the song:  The song is fun, my favorite lyrical favorite portion of the song is "grind up on him girl show him how you ride it"; and of course the shout out to Houston
What do you dislike about the song:  Nothing I love everything.  

Song:  End of Time
Star Rating:  (4)
What do you like about the song:  I LOVE THE BEAT
What do you dislike about the song:  At a certain point I lose the lyrics because I’m focused on the beat

Song:  I Was Here
Star Rating:  (0)
What do you like about the song:  Nothing
What do you dislike about the song:  The song sounds depressing

Song:  Run the World
Star Rating:  (4)
What do you like about the song:  Its a fun song to dance to and a great work out, and LOVE the shout out to Houston
What do you dislike about the song:  I'm honestly really tired of girl anthems, and she is seriously at one point she is screaming!!



Well there you have! The true fans have spoken and regardless love everything that Queen B has to offer.  And based on this review it seems like Beyonce pretty much has another HOT one on her hands! Can't wait to see her live!

Hope you enjoyed this review as much as I enjoyed writing it! :-)


5 comments:

  1. Ambeezie: Great interview...red carpet here you come hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review - I will actually listen to the CD.

    ReplyDelete